PPTP VPN connection uses MPPE (Microsoft Point-to-Point Encryption) which is very unstable on Android OS.If you want the encrypted connection please use L2TP.
From the home screen, tap the MENU button.
Tap the SETTINGS icon.
Tap ADD VPN NETWORK.
- Name the connection in the name field, eg. Free VPN.
- Make sure L2TP/IPSEC PSK is selected for the Type.
- Enter the Free VPN Server address.
- Do not Enter anything for L2TP secret and IPSecIdentifier.
- Enter in small letters vpn for IPSec preshared key
- Tap SAVE to save the configuration.
Now you should see Free VPN connection in the list. Tap on it.
Authorization window will appear. Please enter the VPN username and password you received. Select SAVE ACCOUNT INFORMATION and tap CONNECT.
Once connected the KEY icon should appear in the top bar and the Free VPN status should change to CONNECTED.
To disconnect, just tap on ZPN (see step 7 above) and tap DISCONNECT.